STEPHANIE HOOVER is a traditionally published author, freelance journalist and professional researcher.
Stephanie's historical true crime books include:
• The Kelayres Massacre: Politics & Murder in Pennsylvania's Coal Country
• The Killing of John Sharpless
• Philadelphia Spiritualism and the Curious Case of Katie King
All are available from the publisher, History Press/Arcadia, and all major book retailers including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Books-A-Million.
In addition to her own books, Stephanie is contracted by publishers and packagers to write and/or ghostwrite non-fiction works. Recent projects include two titles in the Our Basic Freedoms children’s book series (religion and press); A Taste of Latin America main and chapter introductions; and, Fold & Fly Butterflies, Birds, and Other Animals that Fly: Over 25 Paper Creations that Fly.
Stephanie has appeared on-air on the Travel Channel, and conducted research for NBC's Who Do You Think You Are?, PBS's Finding Your Roots, and Canada's Ancestors in the Attic. In addition, she conducted archival research for a SyFy Channel special on the Kecksburg, PA UFO incident. Her research was recognized in North South Trader's Civil War, and she has provided background for several published biographies including one on business magnate Charles J. Harrah.
She is also the publisher and editor of the Hoover’s History-Tainment Network which includes:
• Prose ‘n Cons™ Mystery & True Crime News
• Hauntingly USA - Legends, Folklore & True Crime from around the United States
• Hauntingly PENNSYLVANIA™ - Where History & Hauntings Meet
• Mysteries at Sea - Sea Legends, Ghost Stories & Mythical Monsters
Stephanie is a proud member of The Authors Guild, Sisters in Crime and American Crime Writers League. She also supports other reading and writing programs and organizations.